Park in Sound

Friday, October 22, 2010

Dr. Dre To Release "Solar System Inspired" Album


Dr. Dre is recording an instrumental album inspired by the solar system, the rapper/producer has unveiled.

He, whose real name Andre Young, explained that the LP will be "my interpretation of what each planet sounds like", reports Vibe.com.

"An instrumental album is something I've been wanting to do for a long time," Dr. Dre said. "I have the ideas for it. I want to call it 'The Planets'. I don't even know if I should be saying this, but fuck it. It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like."

"I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now just in my spare time so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work," he added.

However, The release date for the record has yet to be announced.

Meanwhile, Dre is also set to release his long-overdue LP, 'Detox', his first full-length studio effort since 1999's '2001'.

Originally due out in 2004, the album has been delayed a number of times, with the rapper/producer now admitting it wont be out till 2011.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home