Park in Sound

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Myles Kennedy Hopeful 'Grateful' for Led Zeppelin Audition


US singer Myles Kennedy, who supposed to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin, has said he is "grateful" for the chance to impress - despite not getting the gig in the end.

Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham had auditioned singers for a potential tour after Plant said he wouldn't be involved with the permanent reunion.

However, Page's manager Peter Mensch said a suitable singer was not found and the band would not continue in any form.
"I am not singing in Led Zeppelin or any offshoot of Led Zeppelin," Kennedy, who sings in Alter Bridge, told Blabbermouth.net.

"But I did have a great opportunity and it was something that I'm very grateful for."

He added: "Alter Bridge will go on, and that's that. [The audition was] surreal. It was great. I'll tell that story some day."

"But for now, it was a good experience, and I'm still pinching myself, let's put it that way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home